Friday, April 30, 2010

lazy christians

Galatians 2:20 "20I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

What does that mean? I'll tell you what I think it means.
I think it means that you kill off yourself. You kill off all your selfish ambitions. You crucify everything that is worldly, everything that is sinful. You kill off everything that is not of God, but of the world. And then you only live as if Christ lived through you. If you read Paul's books, they all talk about the Holy Spirit living in us. So why don't we actually act like it? I'm beginning to wonder about what we call "Christians" these days, because I don't think the modern day Christian has anything to do with what Paul talks about, or what Jesus talks about. I feel like if we truly loved Christ, we really would crucify ourselves. What kind of Christians do we know, think about them. Think about if they have been crucified by Christ. Think about if YOU have been crucified by Christ. Do you honestly put yourself to death in order to live by Christ? Do we live life in faith? I mean really. I agree with what Francis Chan says in Crazy Love. We are the laziest Christians, trying to do as little as we can and still call ourselves Christians who love God. I'm sorry but love isn't lazy. If you've ever been in love, truly in love with somebody, you'd do anything for them. You'd bend over backwards and lick your toes if you knew it'd make them happy, so why don't we live like that when we claim to be in love with Christ? Why don't we truly live like we love Him? Probably because we don't truly love him, we just like him a lot.

My next blog: Being clothed with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment